ON EXAM DAY BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport).
2. When no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must
a. non-photo ID/driver’s license (some states still have them)
b. birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. social security card
d. library card
e. utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that
specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed
to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on
the Form 605.
3. Students may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s
work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
4. Bring your Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal
Registration Number (FRN). VEC’s are required by FCC to submit
either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application
form. If you prefer not to give your SSN, then you may use your FCC
issued FRN, if you have one. For instructions on how to register your
SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC’s FAQ page and
the FCC’s registration instructions page.
5. If applicable, bring the original and a photocopy of your current Amateur
Radio license and any Certificates of Successful Completion of
Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. The
photocopy(s) will not be returned.
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session.
Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free
of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during
the exam session. The phones’ calculator function may not be used.
8. Bring $15.00 cash for the exam. No checks will be accepted