ON EXAM DAY BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport).
2. When no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must
a. non-photo ID/driver’s license (some states still have them)
b. birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. social security card
d. library card
e. utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
3. Students may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
4. Bring your Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN). VEC’s are required by FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC’s FAQ page and the FCC’s registration instructions page.
5. If applicable, bring the original and a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license and any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session.
Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session. The phones’ calculator function may not be used.
8. Bring $15.00 cash for the exam. No checks will be accepted